Nope. I didn’t die.
Though I might as well have.
The cause of my alleged death (that didn’t happen) would’ve been exams, more exams, results, more results, and the usual glories of being a college student and an elder sister and a socially awkward nerd. *sighs loudly, twice*
So, after this temporary and unexpected hiatus that I’ve been on from blogging, and basically everything that I love doing, I’m back with this really cool idea that had been playing around in my head for a while now. You’ll be surprised. 😉
I’m talking about a whole lot of irresistible things that men do.
Are you surprised? Yes, you are. Don’t lie. It’s not usual that I write a post that actually highlights the better qualities of the male persuasion. So, yeah, let’s get right into it:
10. When they smile slightly and silently. Okay, so not that I have a lot of experience with this, but I’ve realized that silent smiles are my favorite, and Especially when guys do it, maybe because silence isn’t their home ground.
9. When they sing. Damn, this one has always been an issue with the women. If he’s a musician, he can open all doors to any and every heart. For me, personally, the person doesn’t have to have a great voice to sing; just that he’s confident enough to sing something is an arrow straight to the heart.
8. When they tell the truth, even when it’s not easy. To be honest, I’ve rarely seen a guy tell exactly what he feels, especially when it’s not nice to hear. But when he does say it out aloud with confidence and conviction, there’s nothing like it.
7. When they remember the little things. This, again, isn’t frequent to witness. I mean, let’s be real here: men are lousy listeners. They’re just really, really bad at listening and remembering important stuff, let alone the little ones that carry equal importance. Some of them do remember, but they don’t let you know that they do. The ones who actually remember and let you know, are the ones who get the glory. 😉
6. When they’re not afraid to act stupid. Before you go on to think that I’ve lost it, let me clarify here that I’m talking about the harmless-and-cute kind of stupid and not the don’t-make-me-punch-you-in-your-face stupid. I find it hilarious when guys act stupid, or let the world know that they’re not perfect or made of iron. It’s such a real and genuine gesture.
5. When they ask for help. I’m not talking about the pathetically needy ones who are absolutely incapable of doing anything on their own, oh no. I mean the men who’re not afraid to admit that they need help. It requires a lot of courage to admit to who you really are, to own up to your limitations.
4. When men cook. This, hands down, is everyone’s favorite. If he cooks, he’s a keeper. Men aren’t generally programmed to cook/take care of others, and if he’s doing it anyway, there’s something different about him. Irresistible.
3. When they keep their promises. Some people often don’t realize the promises they’re making when they make them. Maybe this is the reason majority of them go unfulfilled and ignored. Such people piss me off so damn much, I could kill them with my bare hands. So, you know, if he keeps his word, he’s worth keeping close, forever.
2. When they help out others without them asking for help. A caring man always has it easy, my mother says. If he offers help on his own, even if it means wiping the cake off of a friend’s face, you know your faith rests with the right person.
1. When they take care of their children. This one just had to be number one of this list. I have such high respect for men who are responsible and considerate enough to look after their kids, who don’t see being a parent as a job you can just quit, or a duty you can shift onto your wife. Dads are supposed to be heroes. There is a special place in heaven for such men who enjoy being a father as much as kids enjoy being kids. Salute to all the great fathers out there. 🙂
Phew. That was something, wasn’t it? 😛
I don’t know what brought this on. Some of them are based on my personal experiences (usually bad ones, especially #1), others on the thought-provoking late night conversations I have with Nano almost everyday. But whatever the reason, I like what’s come out of it.
What do you think? Agree? Disagree? Let me know. I’d love to hear.
Meanwhile, I’m going to see what can be cooked without me burning it. You do whatever makes you happy. As I always say, it’s now or never.
P.S. Wishing a very, very happy birthday to Astha and Kanwar, two very crazy and very dear friends of mine. Happy birthday, you goofs. 😀