With the new year just around the corner, it’s time to rewind a little bit, and present to you the highlights of 2012! 😀
Okay, so ready? Here we go.
* All through March and April, I read a total of 15 books. Romance, thriller, comedy, blah blah — I’ve laid hands on all genres.
* Finished writing Yours, Truly on May 28, 2012. Scarlet Hastings finally got her happily-ever-after. Also, I began The Color of Awesome the very same day, welcoming Ellie Turner into my life.
* Divija and I met after two painfully long years! Watched ‘Mean Girls 2’ together, and had absolute fun, just like old times :’)
* Made some pretty strong decisions concerning my relationship with my father, and I’m proud to say that it’s all been better since then.
* Attended a week-long internship at the University (July 16th to July 20th), and made two wonderful new friends.
* Struggled with the new class, the new curriculum, and still managed to survive.
* Got appointed the Sub-Editor at school on September 13, 2012.
* My 17th birthday on October 5, 2012 was a simple, sweet and unforgettable one to boot. No superfluous arrangements, no nothing — just plain enjoyment 🙂
* The USA Trip from October 17th to November 2nd was a wonderful and life-changing experience. There were a lot of things I’d like to change, a lot of people I should’ve pushed over Niagara Falls — but even with all the wrongs and things that didn’t quite go as I would’ve liked them to, it is a beautiful memory.
* The post-US Trip period has been wacky, to say the least. Some people have had a real hard time digesting the fact that my world doesn’t revolve around them. 😉
* Had my own kind of epiphanies, realized who was going to stay by my side for long, and who is going to run away at the slightest indication of impending disaster.
But if you ask me what’s the biggest lesson I’ve learnt, it’s going to be this one, right here:
Life’s good, and we have absolutely no reason to regret anything, because at one time, that was exactly what we wanted. 🙂
Face things head-on, change people’s opinions if you don’t like them. And if you can’t, well, ignore them, plain and simple. 😉